Part I: Safety, Sanitation and Knife Skills, con’t.
- Kitchen/Station Set-Up
- Mise en Place
- Knife Skills
Each group of 4 students prepares a “Grill and Roast Station” by assembling all the ingredients including prepared ingredients, cookware, tools and service ware at each cooking station.
- Each group of 4 students completes the following:
- Prepare 1 whole Roasted Chicken
- Review Trussing a Bird
- Review Carving a Roast Chicken
- Prepare 1 recipe Maître d’Hôtel Butter
- Prepare 1 recipe Tarragon Compound Butter
- Prepare 1 recipe Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips and Brussels Sprouts
2. Each student completes the following:
- Prepare 1 serving, Grilled New York Strip Steak with Maître d’Hôtel Butter and vegetables. Serve on Dinner Plate.
- Prepare 1 serving, Grilled Chicken Breast with Tarragon Compound Butter
- Prepare 1 serving of Slow Roasted Bourbon-Glazed Salmon with vegetables. Serve on Dinner Plate.
- Prepare 1 Cheeseburger (Patty, season and grill your own…Make it delicious!!)
- “Chapter 17: Grilling and Broiling, and Roasting”
- Day 7 PowerPoint
You don't have permission to access this content