Part I: Safety, Sanitation and Knife Skills, con’t.
- Kitchen/Station Set-Up
- Mise en Place
- Knife Skills
Part II: Egg and Breakfast Cookery
- Each group of 4 students prepares a “Breakfast Station” by assembling all the ingredients including prepared batters, cookware, tools and service ware at each cooking station.
- Each student completes the following:
- Prepare 1 French Omelet and present on a large disposable plate
- Prepare 1 Fried Egg, sunny-side up and present on a small disposable plate
- Prepare 1 Poached Egg
- Prepare 1 Shirred Egg
- Prepare 3, 4-ounce Pancakes, and present on a large disposable plate
- Prepare 3, Crêpes, rolled or folded and presented on a large disposable plate
- Prepare 1 serving, French Toast, and present on a large disposable plate
- “Ch. 1 Introduction to the Profession.” The Professional Chef, 9th ed.
- “Ch. 26 Cooking Eggs.” The Professional Chef. 9th ed.
- Alliums: Onions, Garlic, Shallots & Leeks
- Video: French Omelet (Daniel Gritzer)
- Video: Onion Dice
- Video: Julienne and Batonnet
- Video: Tomato Concasse
- Video: Omelet
- Video: Frying Eggs
- Video: Scrambling Eggs
- Day 2 PowerPoint
You don't have permission to access this content